The former Alf Cooke Printing works stand prominently at the junction of Black Bull Street and Hunslet Road, Leeds. The original building was designed in 1894 by the well respected architect Thomas Ambler and was reputably one of the largest of its type in the world. Printing operations remained on the site until 2006, by which time a significant number of extensions and additions had been made to the original building.
In 2011 in association with Leeds City College, The Rushbond Group embarked upon the refurbishment and conversion of this former industrial complex of buildings to form a new 7,000m2 vocational student campus. Phase 1 of the development involved the restoration and repair of the external brick and terracotta elevations and roofs of the impressive former printing halls, together with the demolition of single-storey warehouse buildings to the rear of these listed structures.